The El Monte Police Chaplaincy Corps was established in 1997 when a couple of pastors from the community approached the Department and expressed interest in starting a chaplain’s program.
Currently there are twelve police chaplains now serving with the El Monte Police Department and the community of El Monte.
Your El Monte Police Chaplains are available to respond to your needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and will provide spiritual, emotional, and moral support whenever requested.
The El Monte Police Department Chaplains provide the following services:
- Counsel and give spiritual support to peace officers, their families, and other Department personnel.
- Visit sick and injured officers and department personnel at home and in hospitals.
- Assist officers in making death notifications.
- Provide assistance to victims and witnesses.
- Provide spiritual support for prisoners and their families.
- Provide services for funerals and weddings as requested.
- Offer prayers at special occasions, such as graduations, award ceremonies, and dedications.
- Serve as part of the "Area D" Crisis Response Team.
- Assist at suicide incidents.
- Provide transient and homeless spiritual support.
- Ride along with officers and help provide family domestic spiritual counseling.