Wild Animals

If you trap a wild animal, you must release it. The trapping and relocation of wildlife without a permit issued by the California Department of Fish and Game could be considered a violation of State Law.

El Monte Animal Control recommends that residents take the following steps to keep their property free of unwanted wildlife:

  • Keep trash cans covered at all times
  • Remove any fallen fruit from trees
  • Remove your pet's food bowl after each feeding
  • Keep yards free of overgrown vegetation and grass
  • Do not feed stray animals or leave food around your property
Coyote Alert