Concurrent Plan Review. Effective November 2, 2020, Plan review for Building, Planning and Engineering will be conducted concurrently which means that all plan check submittals will be reviewed by all required plan reviewers at the same time. This replaces the process whereby reviews are conducted solely by Building & Safety until approval, and thereafter are reviewed by all other reviewers.***
A Zoning Clearance is a ministerial review that ensures development is consistent with the general plan and the zoning ordinance. This review is intended to implement architectural standards, site planning, circulation, landscaping, and other zoning and planning policies. A zoning clearance is required prior to the issuance of any other planning or building permit for the following projects:
- New buildings, structures or additions to existing buildings or structures (including Accessory Dwelling Units);
- Patio covers, breezeways, porch covers, and similar structures;
- Patio enclosures;
- Property line fences and walls (Additional Fence and Wall Handout) that are more than two (2) feet above the adjacent grade;
- Decks that are more than two (2) feet above the adjacent grade at any point,
- Gazebos, trellises, windscreens and similar improvements;
- Exterior spas, hot tubs, or swimming pools;
- Pay telephones, automatic teller machines and vending machines;
- Storage structures and tool sheds in excess of one hundred twenty (120) square feet in area;
- Building murals.
- Planning Application with "wet" signature
- Fee - refer to Fee Schedule
- Plans - one (1) 24" x 36" (folded to 8.5" x 11" size) and a digital copy containing the following:
Existing and proposed site plan;
Elevations; Font size shall be a minimum of 10 point; Scope of work; Existing and proposed floor plan; Applicant name, address, and phone number; Project site address, north arrow, and drawing scale, zone, and assessor’s parcel number; Lot coverage and floor area ratio calculations; Property lines; Dimensioned distance of setbacks and distance between structures; Internal and external rights-of-way and vehicular access or other easements; Existing and proposed structures with their uses labeled (including but not limited to patio, driveway, retaining wall, fence, and swimming pool); Trees, existing and proposed landscaping on site, adjacent to property lines, and in public right-of-way; Yard dimensions; Vicinity map showing ½ mile radius street system with project site highlighted (integrated at lower right-hand corner of plan); Photos of the project site showing elevations of existing structures and trees (electronic set is preferable).
- Additional documentation may be required at the discretion of the project planner and other divisions.
- To make a submission, please make an appointment.