Does your project need a Zoning Clearance? You will require a Zoning Clearance if your project is any of the listed project types below:
- New residential buildings (Up to two (2) detached or attached units per lot);
- Accessory Dwelling Units;
- Residential additions to existing buildings or structures;
- New non-residential structure under 5,000 square feet;
- Non-residential additions of greater than 25% of existing gross floor area;
- Patio covers, breezeways, porch covers, and similar structures;
- Patio enclosures;
- Property line fences and walls (Additional Fence and Wall Handout) that are more than two (2) feet above the adjacent grade;
- Decks that are more than two (2) feet above the adjacent grade at any point,
- Gazebos, trellises, windscreens and similar improvements;
- Exterior spas, hot tubs, or swimming pools;
- Pay telephones, automatic teller machines and vending machines;
- Storage structures and tool sheds in excess of one hundred twenty (120) square feet in area; or
- Building murals.
*Other entitlements may be applicable to larger projects or other types not listed.
Steps for Applying for a Zoning Clearance:
- Prepare plans for submittal which should include the following:
- Site Plan;
- Floor Plans; and
- Prepare the following items:
- Submit the items above to Planning Staff over the counter. Planning Division Counter hours are Monday and Wednesday from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM and Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. To minimize wait times, please join the waitlist before you plan to visit through the following link: Welcome to Planning Division | Waitwhile
For additional details see the following link:
*Additional documentation may be required at the discretion of the project planner and other divisions.